| || |
| | KIVI'S NONPROFIT COMMUNICATIONS BLOG
FEBRUARY 1, 2012 The Accidental Rebranding of Komen for the Cure
Yesterday afternoon, and continuing into today, I believe we are witnessing the accidental rebranding of what is surely one of America’s biggest and most well-known, and even well-loved, nonprofit brands. Komen for the Cure , it seems, is no longer a breast cancer charity, but a pro-life breast cancer charity. It won’t. No more.
| | GETTING ATTENTION
FEBRUARY 2, 2012 [Special Edition] Komen Crumbles: Busted Nonprofit Brand
Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Komen) has done it again. Three strikes you’re out, Komen! Komen has acted imperiously and (much worse) carelessly against the best interests of its core stakeholders —women who benefit from its support of breast cancer screening and research—to please its major donors and nurture its political connections. Nothing.
| | PUBLIC SECTOR MARKETING 2.0
JANUARY 28, 2012 Gamification can change behaviour. I have proof.
This post has been on my mind for a while now, and a recent article on the topic from Policy Horizons Canada finally brought this to the top of my “blog topics” list (which seems to have a leaking hole in it these days…sorry about that). ” – Wikipedia. Example 1: My FitBit . So where is the gamification element?
| | SELFISH GIVING
FEBRUARY 2, 2012 Komen Sucks…But So Do You
Nothing Komen for the Cure does surprises me anymore. They sell deep-fried chicken to raise money to cure breast cancer. But that’s not up to me.
| || || || |
- Top 5 Words to Avoid to Achieve Messaging Awesomeness
Erica Mills. Last week on the main Nonprofit Marketing Guide site (you are reading the blog now), I published an article called, “ Blah, Blah, Blah: What to Do When You Write Too Much. Guest Post by Erica Mills of Claxon Marketing. We all crave an awesomely compelling way to talk and write about our organizations. No people, no progress. MORE >>
GETTING ATTENTION YOU Can Make These Dreams Come True (Nonprofit Blog Carnival)
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
Martin Luther King inspired me to ask fellow bloggers to join me in the January Nonprofit Blog Carnival , to “pick any dream you have—for your cause, organization or the nonprofit sector—and share it and how you plan to make it real.” ” I am inspired and energized by the richness of your contributions. MORE >>
THE AGITATOR Mobile Shopping for Charities
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
Pew Research has just released this study on how Americans use their mobile phones to assist with in-store purchasing decisions. There’s an underlying phenomenon here that’s highly relevant, I think, to nonprofit fundraising. What’s really going on here? Advice is just a few taps away.” What might they do? MORE >>
SELFISH GIVING ‘Employee Engagement’ is My New Cause Marketing Buzzword
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
I’m trying to learn more about volunteering and employee engagement initiatives for businesses that want more than the transactional cause marketing campaigns I specialize in. These are the days when I wish employee volunteering expert Chris Jarvis lived closer to me and not in the home of terrible baseball, Toronto. MORE >>
- Logo Trends: How Does Yours Stack Up?
Julia Reich. For those of you interested in the ongoing Komen-Planned Parenthood story, I will continue to update yesterday’s post at the bottom of the original content. Today we are moving on with a new topic. Our resident design expert, Julia Reich, is back with the latest trends in logos. My Logo Sucks! Not trendy. Recent Trends. Great! MORE >>
- [Update] Komen Crumbles: Busted Nonprofit Brand (Part 3) GETTING ATTENTION | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Komen Kan Kiss My Mammogram A. FINE BLOG | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Cause Marketing and Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For List CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- So What and Who Cares? KIVI'S NONPROFIT COMMUNICATIONS BLOG | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Social Media: Winds of Change DIVA MARKETING BLOG | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Why Can’t We Be Friends – That’s My Dream GETTING ATTENTION | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- #TECH: Facebook Timeline Rolled Out-Nonprofits Roll In NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- Outside Magazine's 'Best Places to Work' and Cause Marketing CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Six lessons in successful social media use NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- How do you take care of yourself? | Nonprofit Blog Carnival FUNDRAISING COACH | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Has Subaru's 'Share the Love' Cause Marketing Promotion Boosted its Net Promoter Score? CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Flat Earth Fundraising: Moneyball THE AGITATOR | SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012
- Join Causemarketing.Biz Google Newsgroup, Get a Cool Tool You Can Use Today CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- National Council of Nonprofits Declares 2012 the Year of the Nonprofit Video - Why Take Note? See. SEEKING GRANT MONEY TODAY | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Fictional Cause Marketing From DC and Time Warner CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- Rhode Island Businesses FUNDRAISING BREAKTHROUGHS | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Direct mail: How To Beat The Control THE AGITATOR | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Like the real world MISSION PARADOX BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- “You Talking to Me?” Using Personas for Better Communications MISSION MINDED | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Needed: Hispanic Donors THE AGITATOR | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Study: Text Giving for Haiti A. FINE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- 12 digital fundraising trends for 2012 #10 Social Media Fundraising Growing-Up GIVING IN A DIGITAL WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Meet Donordigital: Anthony Blair-Borders, Senior Web Designer DONORDIGITAL | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Stone Cold Optimist MISSION PARADOX BLOG | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Friday Futures – Nonprofit Marketing Jobs – February 3, 2012 GETTING ATTENTION | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- Read This and You’ll Think It All Makes Sense NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- The Right Tool May Be in Your Head SOCIAL MEDIA BIRD BRAIN | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Your Newsletter Can MAKE Money (Seriously) NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Abortion. A line in the sand. WILD WOMAN FUNDRAISING | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Fundraising: Impact Of Mobile Donations To Haiti Two Years On? NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- #Communications: Hashtags Haunt McDonalds’ Foray Into Social Media NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- NONPROFIT BRANDING: Her Name Was Mary (Another Major Gift Anecdote) NONPROFIT BRANDING | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- How to create a road map for your goals FUNDRAISING COACH | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Heroes with A Heart Grant Recognizes Unsung Nonprofit Heroes SELFISH GIVING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- Komen Versus Planned Parenthood THE AGITATOR | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Nonprofit fundraising & Groundhog Day’s Ned Ryerson FUNDRAISING COACH | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- Grants for LGBTQ Youth Who Have Transformed Their Experiences With Bigotry and Discrimination Into Something Good To Improve the Community SEEKING GRANT MONEY TODAY | MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
- Last day to grab the Nonprofit Goodies Giveaway! WILD WOMAN FUNDRAISING | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
- Friends of Georgia State Parks: Taking QR Codes to the Park SELFISH GIVING | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- The 6 absolutely essential keys to influence NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012
- The 800-Pound Gorilla Can No Longer Be Ignored NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012
Nonprofit Marketing can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.