| || |
| | GET FULLY FUNDED
MARCH 20, 2012 What causes nonprofit Boards to fail?
I wrote this article in response to several nonprofits that have been in the news lately, including one in my area. I believe that training can solve (or prevent) a multitude of Board problems. However, this works on the assumption that once people know better, they’ll do better. It’s a huge responsibility and it’s not to be taken lightly.
| | WILD WOMAN FUNDRAISING
MARCH 20, 2012 12 Tips on How to be a Good Nonprofit Leader: Shackleton Style!
The last several years, I’ve somewhat lost my faith in some nonprofit leaders but in this past year, as I’ve been working with Kurt Steiner of CharityHowTo , I’ve found my faith again that good leaders DO exist, and found him modeling excellent leadership traits that Shackleton also exhibited on his expedition of the South Pole.
| | GETTING ATTENTION
MARCH 22, 2012 Our Son Trayvon: Make your email subject lines as powerful as this one
Getting your emails opened is the most crucial part of your email campaign. Without that, there’s no hope of motivating the action your organization needs. When I opened my email this morning to the usual overflow, my eyes were drawn immediately to this short but powerful subject line—Our Son Trayvon. opened the email immediately.
| || || || |
A. FINE BLOG How Fortressy Are We?
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
I came across this wonderful quiz from Rich Harwood he developed for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (a notorious fortress!) It reminded of the Working Wikily model the Monitor Institute developed a few years ago of how networks work. I’ve been thinking there might be a pre-step to Rich’s model. How Fortressy Are We? Every hour! MORE >>
WILD WOMAN FUNDRAISING KONY2012: Judged by their funders?
| MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
KONY2012. Everyone’s talking about KONY2012. 82 MILLION people have seen that compelling (and some would say, paternalistic, and misleading) 30 minute video about Invisible Children’s latest marketing campaign to stop Joseph Kony from recruiting more child soldiers, raping, and murdering. Video oversimplifies conflict in Uganda. MORE >>
GETTING ATTENTION Searching Your Nonprofit’s Web Site—A vs. B Makes a Huge Difference
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
I’m a devoted participant in Anne Holland’s blog, Which Test Won. Participant rather than reader because each week Anne offers up a challenge, asking marketing geeks like us to vote on which version of the landing page design, e-news subscription form or donate here pop-up worked best: A vs. B. These are real-life marketing case studies! MORE >>
CAUSE RELATED MARKETING Cause Marketing That Still Cooks
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
Over the course of the last 11 years KitchenAid’s Cook for the Cure campaign has raised more than $8 million for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. But don’t pay attention to the dollars raised. No, look at the 11 years they’ve been together. In cause marketing years that’s like 22 years. What’s an 11-year cause marketing relationship like? The real part. MORE >>
NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 #SM4NP: ROI Via Social Media May Be Elusive, But It’s Not Ephemeral
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
If you search for information about how to measure returns on investment in social media, you will be quickly reminded about just how new social media is in the business and nonprofit economies. Perhaps success can be measured in hard, but not precise, numbers. How might we do both? Let’s briefly study each. How many click through? MORE >>
- Vote for the Best Do Gooder Videos of the Year KIVI'S NONPROFIT COMMUNICATIONS BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- How to write a perfect donor thank-you: A template and example NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Utah, A Capital of Cause Marketing CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- The Perfect Thank You THE AGITATOR | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- Cinnamon. Velvet. Kick. And more examples of how to seize the brain. NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Cause Marketing To Teens With Time on Their Hands CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- #TECH: Megauploads Shut Down, Highlighting Concerns Of Cloud Computing NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Small Business Cause Marketing That's Actually Works for Small Businesses CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- The Party's Over - Post Event Socializing SOCIAL MEDIA BIRD BRAIN | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Personal Branding Within The Corporate Workplace DIVA MARKETING BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Tips for the Specific Writing Mechanics When Writing A Grant Proposal SEEKING GRANT MONEY TODAY | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Joint-Issue Promotion in Cause Marketing CAUSE RELATED MARKETING | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Don’t Hire a Full-Time Cause Marketer SELFISH GIVING | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Live Video Streaming For Nonprofits THE AGITATOR | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Rhode Island Documentary FUNDRAISING BREAKTHROUGHS | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- He Had Leathery Hands THE AGITATOR | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Grants for Public, Private, or Charter High Schools' Student Retention Programs SEEKING GRANT MONEY TODAY | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- National Parkinson Foundation celebrates 10,000th Facebook fan DONORDIGITAL | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Consistent Messaging Across Channels: The Crawl, Walk, Run Method to Consolidated Marketing KIVI'S NONPROFIT COMMUNICATIONS BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Givewell talks about their mistakes WILD WOMAN FUNDRAISING | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Get Your Nonprofit Taglines Ready—The Taggies Are Back GETTING ATTENTION | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- #HOWTO: Tumbler Can Be Social Media Hub, But Other Tools Are Available NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Mixed Links for Nonprofit Marketers KIVI'S NONPROFIT COMMUNICATIONS BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- #INTERVIEW: Joanne Fritz, The About.com Website Guide on Nonprofit Charitable Organizations NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- 10 Exciting Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams FUNDRAISER IDEAS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- #Advocacy: ‘This American Life’ Retracts Story Of Abuses At Foxconn NON PROFIT MARKETING 360 | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Just Give Us 1 Day to Boost Your Nonprofit Marketing Results – Sept. 19 in Chicago GETTING ATTENTION | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- What causes nonprofit Boards to fail? GET FULLY FUNDED | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- CauseTalk Radio Ep06: Raise Money, Awareness with 3 Nonprofit Contests SELFISH GIVING | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- Nonprofit Marketing Jobs: March 23, 2012 GETTING ATTENTION | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Out of the Shadows: The danger of shadow databases and the 3 keys to eliminating them JCA INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Lupos Rhode Island FUNDRAISING BREAKTHROUGHS | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
- Making The Job Harder THE AGITATOR | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2012
- Three Week Break MISSION PARADOX BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
- Giorgio Armani Parfums to Give $1 to Support UNICEF Tap Project SELFISH GIVING | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2012
- Is Your Website Slick or Ick? MARKETING FOR NONPROFITS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Pew Hispanic Center THE AGITATOR | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- A guide to telling your story in pictures NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012
- TREW News: National Defense Solutions Provider Selects TREW Marketing TREW MARKETING SPOTLIGHT | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Images are great - unless you’re making one of these 3 mistakes NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- Is your website ick or slick? Take the quiz! NONPROFIT MARKETING BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2012
Nonprofit Marketing can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.